A Shepherd’s Life (1 Thessalonians 2)
Join us for an insightful sermon delivered by Pastor Allen Victor from Calvary Chapel West Jacksonville.
In this message, we explore a two-fold perspective: one directed towards preachers and the other towards congregants. Is your pastor a true and genuine shepherd, and does your pastor possess the qualities of a true shepherd?
Pastor Allen dives into 1 Thessalonians 2:1-20, examining the attributes that distinguish a genuine shepherd from those who may fall short. Discover the key qualities of a true shepherd as we delve into the Word of God.
1. He Does Not Quit When Times Get Hard (Vs 1-3)
· Understanding the trials faced by true messengers of the Gospel.
· Why is the message of the Gospel often rejected?
2. He Seeks to Please God Rather Than Man (Vs 4)
· Discerning whether a preacher's message is man-centered or God-centered.
· The danger of itching ears and sound doctrine.
3. He Is Not in It for the Money (Vs 5)
· The importance of shepherds living with and understanding their flock.
· The contrast between genuine shepherds and those motivated by greed.
4. He Is Not in It for the Glory (Vs 6)
· Exploring the concept of celebrity pastors and their impact.
· Reflecting on the humility of John the Baptist.
5. He Feeds the Sheep, Not Eats the Sheep (Vs 7)
· Emphasizing the pastoral role of nurturing and protecting the flock.
6. He Is Affectionate and Sacrificial (Vs 8)
· Drawing parallels between modern pastors and shepherds.
· Highlighting the sacrificial nature of true shepherds.
7. He Is a Blessing, not a Burden to the People (Vs 9)
· Examining the financial aspect of pastoral care.
· Discussing appropriate compensation for pastors.
8. His Walk Matches His Message (Vs 10-12)
· The importance of consistency in a preacher's life.
· Avoiding hypocrisy in ministry.
Culminating in a reflection on the results of having a genuine shepherd, Pastor Allen Victor explores the transformation that occurs when the Word of God is faithfully preached and received by the congregation.
1. The Result: Transformation and Separation (Vs 13-16)
· How genuine shepherds foster trust and transformation in their congregations.
· The inevitable separation from the world's values.
2. The Congregation Becomes Dear to the Shepherd (Vs 17-18)
· The deep connection between pastors and their congregations.
· The obstacles faced in maintaining this connection.
Finally, Pastor Victor concludes with his greatest desire for the congregation at Calvary Chapel West Jacksonville, echoing the apostle Paul's sentiments in 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20.
Join us in this enlightening sermon as we explore the qualities of true shepherds and the transformative power of the Gospel.
#TrueShepherd #PastorAllenVictor #CalvaryChapelWestJacksonville #Transformation #GospelMessage